Arowana acting strang. Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Granite you sound like you know what your talking about but the attitude is wack, you could have approached me in a much better way then you did. Jmo.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
And yet you still haven't tested your water. My additude? Your the one getting all cry baby defensive over what you think you posted. Test you water and keep the issue in one thread, seems logical don't it?

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
My lfs ordered me a chlorine test kit it should be here tomorrow. I have never tested my tap becuz I always treat with prime. Normally I use a 30g bucket to refill the water I fill the bucket with water at 80 degrees treat with prime wait about five minutes then add water to tank and repeat the process about 4 times. I asked other members and they told me to get a auto fill and drain that attached to the sink and refill the tank that way and if I treated the hole tank with prime it should de chlorinate automatically and the fish will be fine so that's all I did. What do you suggest I do? do you disagree with this method?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
My lfs ordered me a chlorine test kit it should be here tomorrow. I have never tested my tap becuz I always treat with prime. Normally I use a 30g bucket to refill the water I fill the bucket with water at 80 degrees treat with prime wait about five minutes then add water to tank and repeat the process about 4 times. I asked other members and they told me to get a auto fill and drain that attached to the sink and refill the tank that way and if I treated the hole tank with prime it should de chlorinate automatically and the fish will be fine so that's all I did. What do you suggest I do? do you disagree with this method?
you call a person a "dick" and then expect to get answers/advice from them? LoL, good luck with that.. Maybe FishRetard will give ya some answers, he seems to have recognized your plea for help.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
Well you where being rude, regardless if you where in the right. I was hoping you could be the bigger person here being that you have allot of experience with aros and I don't but its cool thx anyways.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Enough. The name calling and insults will not be permitted here.

OP, I suggest you take a moment to read the sticking in the Freshwater Diseases and Health Issues section to get an idea of what information is necessary to treat common fish issues. There is a Sticky to guide you in the initial posting.

If the issue arose after adding prime and then filling the tank with water direct from the tap, then I suggest you refrain from this until you have the chance to test the water parameters coming directly from the faucet. It sounds like that might be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store