TODD BUILDS HIS 2500 GALLON CEMENT AQUARIUM FOR STINGRAYS IN THE BASEMENT

TipStylez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
Seattle
Where in seattle are you?!

Im not gonna go swim in your tank while your away, im just curious since theres a monster tank in my backyard.

synapse989

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Midland, Michigan
awesome.

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal
that's great:headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2

Pumpkinate

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
Australia
Congratulations on a job well done! I have a similar project coming up in about 6 months together with a new house. The plans are being looked at by a structural engineer now. There will be some minor differences (I’m using a single long piece of glass, I’m using a swimming pool sand filter as my tank will be mainly for plants with a low fish load) but I have decided on the same type of construction. I will be getting the concrete pumped (mixing it like you did and carrying it in would have been a marathon effort!) but will be doing my own formwork and overseeing the pour.
I have two questions which I’d greatly appreciate if you could answer regarding your 2500G tank:
1. How long do you have to wait after pouring the walls before the concrete has firmed up enough before you can take away the “barriers” and pour the floor?
2. Did you use mild steel or stainless steel snap ties (I’ve heard you can get them in stainless but very pricey)?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store