Amazon Biotope Set-up Plans

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
Yeah, all those fish would be fine together, being of similar size when mature and from the same region.

I'd get some Uaru or Severums for upper to mid-level dwellers and Geos for bottom dwellers. Chocolate cichlids (Hypselecara temporalis) are also very good looking and personable Amazon cichlids.

Wolfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2014
Utah, USA
I can’t believe I didn’t remember reticulated rays! I’ll be adding a couple of those to the list. I really like the colors of rotkiel severums, where could I get some? Should the cichlids be put in a growout tank and introduced as a pair or as a group females or a group males?

The current stock list is:
Albino Common Plecostomus
Sailfin Plecostomus
Reticulated Stingrays
Uaru Cichlids
Rotkiel Severums

cyberhog05

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2009
Western Montucky
Wet spot had rotkiels not long ago I think. I know they have some notatus severums right now. Which are ad ass severums!! Aquabid has had them but they are called different names as I'm sure your aware. Bluegrass has uraus right now, he has them on aquabid right now.

Signature

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd say for catfish do an Irwini, a Tig, and one or two others that suit you, plus the plecos of course. I could never get rid of my sailfin pleco (L165) as common as he is :).

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
With that size tank I think you would be fine have a bunch of severums mixed sex. Also check out festivum, a group of those would be cooool

Signature
I second a group a festivums, there's some wild caught ones at my local aquarium and they are monsters! Gotta be 6 inches at least and THICK.

cyberhog05

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2009
Western Montucky
Would work no problem. I'm not familiar with the false Tigrinis. But they get big from what I read. Imo I steer clear of fish that can eat decent sized cichlids unless I was doing large fish only. I'm not a fan of being limited to choices because there are so many nice fish to keep. Are you starting your fish out small?

Signature

Wolfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2014
Utah, USA
If the false trigrinis cat doesn't work, that's fine. They just popped up on a website that I check frequently, it said they get 30" so I thought I'd ask about them. And yes I'll most likely be getting my fish small and keeping them in a growout tank while the big one cycles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store