Most interesting or interactive cichlid

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
How do you think Green Terror and Jack Dempseys are in this regard? I am interested in both for a new big new tank with sunfish, but only if they have good personalities.
Jack Dempsey have a tendency to hide in my experience but I've had some that where always out and about, not particularly interactive though. They would follow ans observe me but that's as far as that goes. Green terror I'd say are above jack Dempsey level interaction but not quite Oscar level

Sent from my VS840 4G

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
My haitiensus were some of the most aware I've kept.
But there was a haitiensus that would win awards at the annual ACA convention, that would splash anyone that came near it. It would watch you approach, and when you were the perfect distance, shower you with water with amazing accuracy.
They had to keep a replacement bucket of water near, because half the tank would end up on the floor as people passed by.

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
Dovii was the most interactive but was too much. Jags & amphilophus have been the most interesting & interactive at a manageable level.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I love my Pearsei, if she wants to get your attention she will sometimes scrape her teeth on the glass and beg for food.
dsc01412.jpg
p1140115.jpg

dsc01412.jpg

p1140115.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store