75 gallon Eartheater options

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Laetacara araguaiae are beautiful but holy crap they're tiny!

I'm lookin on the wet spot, since they have tapajos in stock, and they have Laetacara Aragualae and Laetacara Thayerie. The Thayerie look quite a bit bigger.

I do like the looks of electric blue acara, for some reason I thought they were more aggresive than I thought they were.
The Laetacara araguaiae are a dwarf cichlid but they're pretty chunky like most other acaras. Your orange heads are peaceful enough that it wouldn't bother them. I kept my orange heads with L. dorsigera and didn't have any issues.

L. thayeri is larger but pretty bland. Mine were just a beige and white fish with black markings and some yellow in the fins.

EB acaras (any acara, really) can be moody. Mine nip at the geos occasionally but I've never seen them do any real damage. The geos just get out of their way and continue sifting sand.

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
I'm thinking this right now:

6 Tapajos
4 Araguaiae
4 male Congos
6 female Congos

vishwa.J

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2014
Sri Lanka
for a centerpiece you could do a Super Red Severum...or a rotkeil..
Mid level of your tank will look somewhat empty without a mid level swimmer..

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Most of the Laetacara are a mid to lower level fish. You could do a single severum with them. Rotkeils are colorful and don't grow as large (usually) as the greens or the mouthbrooders. Or a nice spotted male of Heros sp. Inirida or Heros notatus would be nice.

Etan

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
CA
That's what I was looking for, something larger and midwater. I've never had a severum but they do interest me. I'll check into one of those. I hear they are rather peaceful.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I would go for a hero's sp. Only for the reason that the geos will take up most of the floor space.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store