chloramine and drip systems

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
What are people using to get rid of chloramine in their drip system/automatic water change systems. It seems most of the filters that I have been looking at that use the carbon block type chloramine filters exhaust really quickly (think close to 2000g). thanks

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
My Chloramine filter would filter at least 5,000G of water before needing changed. Bought mine from www.thefilterguys.biz

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I would go with what pharoh posted. Did a bunch of research on these a while back as I am slowly setting up my fish cave and will be installing one of the filterguys filters for my drip system when it goes in. Found a lot of positive stuff about them.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
cool will look into that. how many gallons a week are you changing?
When I had my drip going, I was changing probably changing 700-1,00- a week. I never really paid attention. The math said it would last 6 months, but it lasted nearly a year before I just changed the media for the hell of it.

Jer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Colorado, USA
Has anyone done the math to compare the drip rate to evaporation rate to know the cap of where your drip would need to be to avoid needing to treat?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store