My lil piece of the ocean

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
I wouldn't actually mind if it only covered the back glass... but it never works out like that lol, always gets onto the rocks. Livelymc, if its a FOWL and your fine with how it looks, don't worry about it, it wont harm your fish. If it gets out of control, carefully remove some. The trick with algae reduction is to reduce nutrient levels in the tank, this means either more frequent water changes, stopping over feeding (if you are over feeding), and by cleaning any mechanical filtration regularily.

If you want to reduce the ammounts without "nuking" the tank, then I would recomend setting up or buying an algae scrubber (from the 1 or 2 guys that sell them), once this is running full tilt, you can start scraping the algae out of the tank, any that stays behind or dies in the process can fuel further growth... but this growth is limited by the imput and output of nutrients. So with the scrubber running full tilt, the algae growing on the scrubber (which is a good thing) will compete with the bubble algae for nutreints, therefor slowing the growth of both, but if you keep removing bubble algae there will come a point where the algae scrubber "wins" and takes close to all of the nutrients out of the system, therefore almost completely stopping the growth of algae in the display.

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
could throw in 100 emerald craps (they eat bubble algae) lol

Depending on the tank size I would prob start over also, what I mean is put the clowns in a small QT and nuke your DT. OP you are running a protein skimmer correct?

You keep letting it go and you will no longer be able to see anything in that tank...

livelymc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
United Kingdom
I dont think it looks rubbish surely it would look like this in the ocean

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Its all personal preference. Personally Im not a fan of bubble algae. But I guess some people would like their tanks to look that way. He probably will never have a nitrate problem atleast...

livelymc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Yeah do have a protein skimmer its a nano tank so also has like a sump setup at the back of it
N yeah I have never had any nitrate problems. Also it only grows on the back wall and rock.

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
Livelymc, if you like it that way than keep it like that. Its your tank, you can do whatever you want with it. To answer the OP, your clowns look very nice. They look really happy in your tank.

Sent from my SCH-R880 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

livelymc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
United Kingdom
uploadfromtaptalk1333731373097.jpg

I dont wanna start over it looks good imo and the little purple bit have all grown out like mushroomy things heres a fts aswell now ive cleaned glass uploadfromtaptalk1333731529062.jpg

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Yeah do have a protein skimmer its a nano tank so also has like a sump setup at the back of it
N yeah I have never had any nitrate problems. Also it only grows on the back wall and rock.

You most definatly have a TDS problem (nitrate, co2, + Po4) - that's what created and fuels all the bubble and red slim algae. Glad you like it - that's really all that matters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store