Considering trading my 125 gal for a 75 or 90 gal...

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah it is 6 feet long. You can squeeze it anywhere but a 4 foot tank IMO is easier to decorate around

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
You are gonna be seriously limited in regards to what you can keep. I love my 90 in my room but I couldn't live without my 125 in the living room.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I think Im more frustrated then anything, because I can't do as much as I thought I would be able to do with the 125. Life was just much more simple without the 125. With my 60 gallon I knew which fish were out of the question. Besides my 3 year old jack dempsey is the fish that prompt me to get a larger tank. I wanted to be able to keep him with some tankmates. But he died shortly after I got my 125 gallon. All I want out of this hobby is one tank big enough for a wetpet and another big enough for a jack dempsey with lots of dithers.

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
Don't get rid of the 125 just buy a pair of JD for it and some dither fish then call it done. 10 years ago i sold all of my six foot tank and I'm still upset that i did

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah I guess I will just keep it. Atleast I wont ever have to worry about needing a bigger tank.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Who needs a couch keep the tank .... Kidding. When I moved I had to down grade from numerous large tanks to 3 smaller tanks 75, 40B and 20L. I am just as happy if not happier as I was before.

I just learned to keep smaller fish but in a 75 I still have fish that max at 6" which really isn't small. You can also keep Green terror sized fish which aren't small either. Remember small is relative many people think my fish are big they just aren't aware of the type of fish that are kept by people on MFK

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah I had to trade my loveseat for a recliner in order to fit my 125 in my living room. Im not sure how smart that was but at the time I really wanted a 125 gallon. I guess no need to make a second bad decision so Im just gonna keep the 125 and just be happy that I have a large tank

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Mrs. Nicky you saw what my Oscar and JD were doing to frogs in the one post when your fish were missing.

I got that pair and a few other tank mates by trial and error.
In other words I just kept putting fish in until the Oscar found someone he didn't kill.

Turned out to be the JD.
Also had a bichir, raphael cat, pleco, and some odd no name small cichlid no one messed with, all at the same time.
Was weird, probably spent over 200 bux to get a pair that matched up.

That Oscar even killed other Oscars
Your just going to have to keep at it until you find two mean fish that leave each other alone.
Get two medium non aggressive fish or go community.

But I'd keep it or go bigger.

Rich

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
You just need to find the right mix of fish to be happy again, I keep Africans and like doing colony's of the same type species of fish, with usually two different colony's in each tank. Even with doing this there are still challenges as every fish has it's own personality. You need to pick that one species and then add fish that will compliment them, less is more sometimes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store