Show Parrot Fish?

JustinDavis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
West Palm Beach
My LFS is selling two "Show Parrot Fish", I was told when they're bigger then your hand it's called a Show. These two are about the size of a CD, and their color is a light pink. They're labeled as Male and Female but I was told by the owner that Parrots can't breed? My main question was are these Parrot fish? Because whenever I see Parrot fish they have a odd shape to their head but these are perfectly normal. Now the picture below isn't them but is the closest I could find. If it would make a difference to have a perfect picture of them I can get one. Also what would be the minimum tank size for two "Show Parrots"?

Thanks,
Justin

dsc06033.jpg

dsc06033.jpg

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
lol show parrots, my parrots bigger than the hand of a 4'11 girl its a show parrot
maybe a 29 for that pair alone

JustinDavis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
West Palm Beach
I don't think a 29G would be good for them they're pretty big, let me try to get a picture for you sometime tomorrow.

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Should be in the FH section, they are hybrids. Male parrots are sterile. There is no such thing as "show" parrots. It is a sales gimmick to make people think they have something special. I am sure they are nice parrots. How much? I would think two of them would be good in a 55. They def won't get bigger than 12".

JustinDavis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
West Palm Beach
Ok thanks I'll try that not to familiar with these guys, I might of made them sound fairly small but they take up half of a 55G when together.

JustinDavis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
West Palm Beach
Should be in the FH section, they are hybrids. Male parrots are sterile. There is no such thing as "show" parrots. It is a sales gimmick to make people think they have something special. I am sure they are nice parrots. How much? I would think two of them would be good in a 55. They def won't get bigger than 12".
She wanted $29.99 each but I could probably get them $15 each, they're about 7" across.

baldtaxguy

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2006
There is a hybrid forum.

There is a hybrid forum.

JustinDavis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
West Palm Beach
zoomed.com