The reckoning

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
120 grit to start getting it out. Hence the large scratches then 1000 to get that and other deeper scratches out then the 2 stage novus setup. Novus really didn't do that geat on what I would call a medium scratch. Over all better than it was but it missed a bit so I am going back over some spots with the sand paper. I have No doubt that I will be able to get it perfect again it just takes time and patients. I will show some pics when it's perfect again. Anyone cleaning us acrylic with scratches I would get some 1000 grit sand paper.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Picked up 4 clown loaches to grow out of the tank. I got a heck of a deal. Also I got about 70 albino bushynose Plec. So I will be able to grow a bunch to full size and if they become food I will grow more but I hope they will be able to live in the tank and eat the green stuff.

Rivermud

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2007
Idaho
70?? sigh.. i never see any decent plecos here.. we have one good cichlid shop (little over priced but meh) but nothing for some of the other oddball or rarer species..

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Ya I stopped counting at 70. This person was breeding them and had a ton. Then they were about an hour late when we were to meet up at their place so they gave me all of them for super cheap. I will probably be breeding tons in the next year so hit me up.

70?? sigh.. i never see any decent plecos here.. we have one good cichlid shop (little over priced but meh) but nothing for some of the other oddball or rarer species..

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
They are small though half an inch to a little over inch. But after looking at pet shop selling them for 7.00 same size I made out like a bandit

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Well some will say I am a little crazy and others will not, I really want to keep stingrays (I am just fascinated by them) So while planning for this tank and starting to think that rays would just not fit too well I was a little disappointed. Then the other day a 600 gallon tank that is perfect for rays became avail at a too cheap to pass price, So now on Thursday I will have a 450 and 600 gallon tank in the garage waiting on the basement being finished. At this point I do plan on selling the 450 because I really don't need and should not have both tanks, even though that would be super sweet. This tank is 120x48x24 so allot of footage for rays to be very very happy in. My only question is that he has a pump that is about 4 years old that he will include for the right price, to me it would be less that half the cost of new but I don't know too well the pricing of a used reeflo hammerhead. Nice thing is that it would be plumbed and ready to go with it. I already know I will want a 36-48 high tank later because I was starting to really like the tall tanks, but as for rays this is the best option. Now If I could only keep both which if nobody will pay what I got the other tank for I might but I really don't need that many tanks but I could sell some others and just have two. Thoughts and ideas always too many LOL, And its official I am a tank hoarder, I have two many, most without water in them.

OscarMan0315

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
East Coast
Keep the 450 and 600. They would look amazing in your basement. Not too often do you see a L shaped tank. Rays in the 600 and peacock bass in the other or other types of cichlids. Perfect man cave (;

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Ya it would be really really cool. Who knows maybe I could. Only problem I see is that many tanks running constantly would cost a penny. I could sell my 125 and a couple other tanks plus other stuff I have and make out alright though. I would rather have a couple large tanks than smaller tanks. They are just easier to take care of. Anything under 55 gallons is a pain. Well to me at least.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store