Pup tanks

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Think it's better now
Cover glass open with plastic divider stuff over so nothing can get out and put the power head on the outside with plastic tube coming in so it brings in more water from main tank

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1416655404.310591.jpg

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
To be honest jim your rays have started breeding now so probably won't stop so don't you think it's best to sort out a more perm pup tank

The floating tub thing you have is ok for a temp solution

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Yea know what you saying guys I need to sort something different for next time
I got a few months

Yeah you have a few months until next time but you will also have the pups you have now for a few months

So you may as well do it now

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Yeah you have a few months until next time but you will also have the pups you have now for a few months

So you may as well do it now

Agreed plus if it were me I would want the extra time to work out any possible kinks that you may encounter. You don't want to wait until the last minute to set the new tank up and then when you do go to set it up encounter a problem and by that time it's too late. Just my 2 cents

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Agreed plus if it were me I would want the extra time to work out any possible kinks that you may encounter. You don't want to wait until the last minute to set the new tank up and then when you do go to set it up encounter a problem and by that time it's too late. Just my 2 cents

ALOT of words of wisdom on this one post. I shall take note and I'm not even producing pups, yet.

Fair dos tho to ya jim, for a first time dad you're doing well mate, very well.
Last time I had pups which was years ago I wasn't prepared at all, just fished them out, exposed to air during transfer to another tank with im sure different parameters on all levels. Pups all survived and grew nicely.

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
ALOT of words of wisdom on this one post. I shall take note and I'm not even producing pups, yet.

Fair dos tho to ya jim, for a first time dad you're doing well mate, very well.
Last time I had pups which was years ago I wasn't prepared at all, just fished them out, exposed to air during transfer to another tank with im sure different parameters on all levels. Pups all survived and grew nicely.

Just for the record I intended to copy in T1's last post also

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store