Why bare bottom?

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Now what are opinions on tile bottoms? They are basically the same thing as a bare bottom but different color and texture? Is that the only real benefit of tile or am I missing something? Also does crap build up under the tiles thus making them less clean as a bare bottom?

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Oh I know. Torpedo beach is my sand of choice.

uploadfromtaptalk1414710890773.jpg

But some pure white sand would make an exceptional leo or p14 pop and look amazing!
to each his own though

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
I have had almost every kind of bottom for rays. Pool filter sand, regular aquarium gravel, tile, torpedo beach, and bare bottom. I had two types of tile, ceramic and granite. The ceramic did allow crap under them but not the granite. Granite has a smooth back so they lay flat and are square cut so fit tight together. My favorite of all is torpedo beach which is in my pup tank and frp panel which is in my adult tank. Frp makes it bare bottom with texture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Big Fish Freak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2014
USA
See, Ethan knows what's up!!
If rays did well with super bright lights you could throw some LED's on there and they would be smokin!!!

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
I have had almost every kind of bottom for rays. Pool filter sand, regular aquarium gravel, tile, torpedo beach, and bare bottom. I had two types of tile, ceramic and granite. The ceramic did allow crap under them but not the granite. Granite has a smooth back so they lay flat and are square cut so fit tight together. My favorite of all is torpedo beach which is in my pup tank and frp panel which is in my adult tank. Frp makes it bare bottom with texture.

What is frp? I have never heard of this before?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Frp is fiber reinforced plastic. They sell it in 4x8 sheets at lowes for I think $35 been a minute since I bought it. Works great in a situation where painting tank bottom will not work.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Frp is fiber reinforced plastic. They sell it in 4x8 sheets at lowes for I think $35 been a minute since I bought it. Works great in a situation where painting tank bottom will not work.

Oh awesome thankyou for the clarification!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store