Help ID new pick up!

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I feed mine Alage wafers and have used plant based food like Omega One floating Kelp Pellets and Hikari Cichlid Excel. Mine get an occasional pea but its main staple is pellet based foods. Ive tried romaine but since he never ate it as a young fish, he just wont touch it.

The temperature change may have stressed it out but likely wont kill him. But I would keep a close watch on him to make sure.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I feed mine Alage wafers and have used plant based food like Omega One floating Kelp Pellets and Hikari Cichlid Excel. Mine get an occasional pea but its main staple is pellet based foods. Ive tried romaine but since he never ate it as a young fish, he just wont touch it.

The temperature change may have stressed it out but likely wont kill him. But I would keep a close watch on him to make sure.
Ok thanks buddy. I actually have hikari algae wafers on hand that I feed to my cichlids for some veggie matter now and then. Mabye I could break some pieces off and feed to him. I really hope the temp doesnt affect him but theres not much I can do now. BTW if that pearsei in your profile pic is yours, its a really beautiful specimen!

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Thank you, that is my girl. She is named Porkchop because she likes to eat! She is a full grown adult at about 13" and is in a 210g tank with a red bay snook, regani and soon a heterospilus. Pearsei are great interactive fish. You will enjoy yours!

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
UPDATE: The little guy is moving around found, although when I approach he runs back into his cave which seems completely normal

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
They really start to open up to you when they associate you with food. Even a single pellet at a time when you walk by the tank will help it open up. Mine will even scrape its teeth on the glass to get my attention to feed it.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I've seen the vids over on the 'box ... Porkchop eats the kitchen sink. :ROFL:

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
She can give any Oscar a run for its money. She eats a lot yet still keeps her girlish figure.

LOL. So i fed tonight and it would hide when it saw me, I would drop a sinking pellet it, it would go out and search and eat it then run back in the cave. Looking healthy although still scraped up. Possibly gonna rehome my Severum, Pearsi are so cool and unique, want to give him the space in the 110 to grow, he cant share the tank with the flowerhorn forever. Added some melafix to the 50 gallon to help with the healing process. Once it gets more brave I will get a pic for you guys.

Bigcatfishrule

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Victoria, Australia
So couldnt get a better in tank pic yet because its a 3in fish in a 110 gallon, but ran into a problem. My wild caught green severum is very aggressive towards it, woulda never guess it woulda been the severum. Anyways I would rate the aggression 6/10 mostly charging but I can see the new fish has some torn fins. Should I wait it out, maybe letting dominance establish? Or should I remove the fish, as likely it will continue? Please advise
you could try a divider, and have section of the tank that is exclusive to the pearsi until it gets bigger

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Update for those interested: I rehomed the severum in my 110 and reintroduced the Pearsi to the tank. Noone is paying attention to him/her which is a good thing. I hope the pearsi hits a growth spurt in the bigger tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store