Where Freshwater Stingrays Are Illegal To End All

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
Okay i live in NYC and now all the local fish stores are taking their rays out or at less one distrubutor says someone in another boro gotten a ticket from wild live for selling F/W stingrays.. but some areas of the city still sells them. anyone heard of this?? maybe NYC laws are little different than State laws??

jefferymoorhead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2010
Texas
Well i know a couple places that sell freshwater rays in texas. What if the ray was a brackish water ray but acclimated to fresh water is it still illegal in texas?

jpcampbell123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2011
In the water
I live in Georgia and first learned of fw rays almost 10 years ago. Ever since I first learned about them I have been wanting to get a few. I don't understand why they are illegal in Georgia but I am guessing in the southern part of the state they might be able to breed and reproduce if they was ever releaesed. I have heard before you can keep them in Florida but with a permit. Is there any truth to this? What states can you legally have them? I am considering moving out of Georgia just so I can have them. At the moment I maintain a small collection of pyros.

John

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store