Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
most coloration: rainbow darter
most aggressive feeder: pike or musky
most unique look: sturgeon or burbot
most easy to breed: sunfish (most species you can breed in a rain barrel)
most scientific study: stickleback
most rare: hells hole pupfish

Just a few ideas of mine. Most awesome is a tough category. I'd say one of my favorite to keep are green sunfish, they get very personable and easy to keep. However, they are hardly unique. Their ubiquitous nature seems to make them less appealing for some reason.
slight correction, its Devils hole pupfish. Only about an hour away from me, seen it myself. Such a cool fish

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
I thought only scientists are allowed into the caves where the fish live...and the water is in the mid to high 90s....crazy warm

PUHUCBLMX2

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2013
Costa Rica
You are correct sir. Devils hole pup fish. My mistake.

There are actually 2 mistakes. I change my most colorful from rainbow darter to fine scaled saddle darter. what a good looking little guy.

On a side note, you saw the devils hole pup fish? possibly the rarest fish in the world. That is a feat that has me envious. Definitely on the bucket list to do next time I am in that part of the world.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I think there is a captive bred populations of Devils hole pupfish somewhere in Las Vegas.

You might add a third mistake to your list. Its gambusia that can breed in anything that holds water than sunfish.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I think there is a captive bred populations of Devils hole pupfish somewhere in Las Vegas.

You might add a third mistake to your list. Its gambusia that can breed in anything that holds water than sunfish.
Yes there is, I'm not sure of the exact location but it's somewhere out west in a lab. I'll look through the American Currents issue I read about it in and see if I can find the exact location.

notho2000

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2010
winnipeg, canada
I think Lepomis megalotis, the central Longear (Missouri/Kansas) is the most impressive NA fish in terms of color and 'personality'.
Slide5.JPG
Slide4.JPG
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_2915.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide4.JPG

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
^ That is a very difficult fish to compete with. It's definitely the most attractive sunfish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store