Pics of my boy

Bigcatfishrule

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Nice fish looks female though.....
I'm no expert on jags, but the pics of females I have seen look a lot like yours. Still, they are so similar between M/F, its like oscars, who cares if they have a male or female O unless they are trying to breed. Yours is a beautiful fish, looks in top condition.

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Nice male....and I am glad that it is a male...it looked to me like a male but then i started to wonder....definitely agree that they can be hard to sex...I have been looking at jags much and am always looking for the obvious and subtle differences... one that I see( at least on mine) other than the obvious that male has a more dense spot pattern is that the markings also run and connect more horizontally on males than on females...male
Female

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1397923656734.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397923705477.jpg

Wisconsinbadger

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2013
Milwaukee wisconsin
Nice male....and I am glad that it is a male...it looked to me like a male but then i started to wonder....definitely agree that they can be hard to sex...I have been looking at jags much and am always looking for the obvious and subtle differences... one that I see( at least on mine) other than the obvious that male has a more dense spot pattern is that the markings also run and connect more horizontally on males than on females...male
Female

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Agree so many times it's a toss up. He's pretty agressive my female is very laid back with my tank mates

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store