MMA News and Notes

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Yep. My dvr been set up all week. This is a title eliminator so winner challenges Cain next. At least that's supposed to be the plan.

Don't forget the prelims on fox sports 1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Anyone seen Chuck Liddell's hilarious Duralast car battery commercial?

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Anyone seen Chuck Liddell's hilarious Duralast car battery commercial?
I was pretty bummed to see him in that commercial. There are way better uses for his talent.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Like what for instance?...He has had a few bit movie roles,that commercial is like a cartoon it's so over the top lol.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Like what for instance?...He has had a few bit movie roles,that commercial is like a cartoon it's so over the top lol.

Well my main 2 beefs are that the battery brand is crap and that its not comical enough for me. It exaggerated and all, but they could have done that same commercial with Bruce Willis or Liam Neison. I just kept waiting for a small pebble to bounce back and hit hit chin and him collapse into a mangled heap. Plus its not a current reference, are they saying that their batteries were once the baddest on the planet but now are past their prime and easily bested?

I'd put him in fight pass ads with him and Brock sitting on a couch with their feet kicked up watching the fights commenting on how crazy the fighters were. Or put the iceman in a bandaid commercial all beat up and applying bandaids to his face all serious and then show him tripping over a rake into a bush and getting cut up resulting in said cuts.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I don't think chuck cares about what commercial he is in

only that he's getting a check. as he should

good on him i'd say. every time I see a fighter in a non mma commercial I think, wow, good for them for getting paid. after all the battles and continuously putting themselves in harms way in the cage/ring, i'm happy they can still make money outside of fighting. I don't care if a car battery company is paying them or vidal Sassoon.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I thought that this was an interesting video on the Gustafsson vs Jones fight.

[video=youtube;vEwB7GdtX5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwB7GdtX5Y[/video]

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
And I thought that I'd add this.

[video=youtube;B_55NsF3m5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_55NsF3m5I[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store