High and low quality black diamonds

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I'm in a little confused on the p14 explanation but that is a good point, however I like the pattern of p14 pups anyways.
I love p14 but not all of them turn out to be galaxy

You will also find p14 are a lot less active compared to bd once they get a bit older

If you want a ray that swims about a lot but a bd Leo/bd or Leo

If you want a ray that doesn't do much until food time buy a p14

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
I love p14 but not all of them turn out to be galaxy

You will also find p14 are a lot less active compared to bd once they get a bit older

If you want a ray that swims about a lot but a bd Leo/bd or Leo
If you want a ray that doesn't do much until food time buy a p14

I have to disagree with this one. This is the complete opposite of what I've found. Granted I didn't have my bd/leos long but my p14 pair are by far the most active pair of rays I've had including bd/Leo, marble, motoro and pearl. They rarely stop moving and cruise midwater, up the sides and even upside down on the top(male does this). Very entertaining to watch. When my p14 male started biting my male marble I sold my prized marble pair because the family loved the activity of the p14s and didn't want to part with them.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have to disagree with this one. This is the complete opposite of what I've found. Granted I didn't have my bd/leos long but my p14 pair are by far the most active pair of rays I've had including bd/Leo, marble, motoro and pearl. They rarely stop moving and cruise midwater, up the sides and even upside down on the top(male does this). Very entertaining to watch. When my p14 male started biting my male marble I sold my prized marble pair because the family loved the activity of the p14s and didn't want to part with them.
And what size are your p14 ?

If they are below 12" disk then they are still small and actively looking for food to grow

I did state once they get big

Jimr

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Lyme Ct.
Some P14s do get big some don't. My original P14s imported from Lode in the Netherlands are about 3.5 years old and only 10-12". They are not the so called galaxy - just plain full bred P14s. Not real active but they don't just lay around ether.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Some P14s do get big some don't. My original P14s imported from Lode in the Netherlands are about 3.5 years old and only 10-12". They are not the so called galaxy - just plain full bred P14s. Not real active but they don't just lay around ether.

Mine are 7-8 years old the biggest being 20" disk and they only start to get active about 1 hour before food
Mine are also what you would class as traditional p14

I think the galaxy types have a little dash of Leo blood in them that's why they are more active
I maybe wrong just what I think base on some of the p14xbd pups I have bred

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
What are the physical differences between Galaxy and regular p14?

I know royal has a few larger big spots mixed in.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store