Bumblebee Oscar Help

Done45

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2014
United States
I put my O with a 2" trimac in a 20g for 10 days of Q.T. took him 4 days to eat. They will eat if they hungry but having more fish with them in the main tank will help them out and make them feel safer.

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Interestingly my WC Crassipinnis Oscar, acted the opposite, even though I was expecting him to be extremely shy initially. He was cruising seconds out of the bag, and ate within a few minutes, ate form my hands within two days. I don't know if this is typical though. I may be getting another, so I will see then!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Mcdebs07 how ia the bb doing any pics yet ? Might be a good idea to hold off let him settle a bit before driving him nuts with the camera

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mcdebs07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
Philippines
Mcdebs07 how ia the bb doing any pics yet ? Might be a good idea to hold off let him settle a bit before driving him nuts with the camera

Hi Jaws! You want a pic of him now? Just refer to the first page of this thread LOL!! He's like.... the fish who can't be moved..

No obvious improvement since the first day I had him. I'll try dropping some sinking pellets, which hopefully would sink right in front of him and see if he goes for it. I think I still have some 3.5mm NLS with garlic hopefully food will motivate a hungry O.

Cheers!! :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah I know I am asking for a bit much just happy there is another orbicularis out there.... im sure he will be fine

Got home from work a little while ago and notice my orbic smashed into something and has a nice gash on his head...never ends with this fish lol

mcdebs07

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
Philippines
Hi jaws and the other guys!!

Well I came home from work hoping for some improvements and this is what I came home to....

IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

Well I guess he already knows that the cave was meant to be his so I guess that counts as an improvement? :headbang2

IMG_2637.JPG

IMG_2639.JPG

IMG_2640.JPG

luvinbluegills

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
Pgh PA
Personal rule; put new fish in tank, watch for a while, then leave them alone til next day as long as interaction issues aren't a concern. There's an old rule that seems to have been largely forgotten; don't feed new fish til the next day. New fish need time, wild new fish often need a lot more time. Be patient, and he just may turn around and be a great wet pet!

Watch closely to ensure that he doesn't lose much weight before getting comfortable eating, and that there are no signs of physical trauma, and things should proceed as normal.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
He will be alright I would get him something a little bigger though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store