Found peacock bass!

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Thanks I'll stock up then as I imagine they eat alot! I'm hoping he hasn't fed them exclusively on feeders as they're 9-10" so they would probably be difficult to get onto frozen and dried foods. In the second picture it looks like one of them have a bit of HITH, is this something that is easy to treat? Could just be a bad pic though.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Well I decided to take all 4 of them, got them home and into the tank and they didn't look very good.. Spent a long time sitting on the bottom breathing heavily so I added a couple of power heads and a couple of air stones and after a while they were swimming around a bit, still not 100% but I put off the lights and i'll see how they are in the morning. Fingers crossed!

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Peacock bass are pretty hardy fish. Turn the temp up to around 84 and add some salt. I don't know much about hith but it doesn't look like they have it from the pictures. But salt and heat should heal up any wounds they have.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
I don't have any salt but i've turned the heat up a bit, had a look in the tank with a torch and they were all up and about so hopefully things are all good. I'll see how they are in the morning and try and get some pics up :)

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Well here they are! Had to remove my Oscar from the tank as he had torn up their fins during the night when they were laying on the bottom, they also looked a bit too interested in my 8" aro so had to remove it aswell! Just fed them shrimp and they ate no problem. Was the guy I bought them from right about them being ocellaris?

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
They look like mono/ocelleris hybrids to me. Nice fish though. Congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Thanks! Really happy with them, my favourite fish i've had already! Do they like alot of flow in the tank?

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
They still seem to be breathing quite heavily, they're eating and swimming around though..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store