Oscar, Angel, and EBJD in a 90g tank?

BassetsForBrown

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Boston
What are the chances of this working assuming they are all adults?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
What are the chances of this working assuming they are all adults?

I think it will mainly depend on whether the EBJD and the Oscar have been brought up in a community setting or not. A large EBJD and Oscar could bully or kill the Angel. A 90 is a decent size for the 3, but it seems to me that at least one of the three will end up stressed or dead. Whether it be the Oscar bullying the EBJD or Angel, or the EBJD conflicting with either of the two... Personally, I would consider a Severum or something else over the Angel, or taking out the Oscar would also open doors to getting something else. Just my opinion.

BassetsForBrown

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Boston
I already have the Oscar 10 inch, and EBJD 6 inch and they've lived in the tank peacefully for a year. I was considering adding the Angel into that mix. Obviously I'd get a very large Angel, just curious if that would work, as I don't want to put anything into a death chamber.

BassetsForBrown

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Boston
If this isn't likely to work, are there any fish with a good red color that would work with the O and EBJD? Whether it's a cichlid or not, doesn't matter.

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
If this isn't likely to work, are there any fish with a good red color that would work with the O and EBJD? Whether it's a cichlid or not, doesn't matter.

Red Severum, Clown Loach, Blood Parrots... etc

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland

Blood parrot is ideal

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BassetsForBrown

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2012
Boston
Red Severum, Clown Loach, Blood Parrots... etc
Don't Red Severums grow to be about a ft....If so idk how that would work a 90g with the other two. I could be wrong though I'm not sure.

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I used to keep this combo...the angel actually bullied the oscar....god this was like 7+ years ago I think.

Although personally...I'd maybe just keep it as is and not risk it, since a nice colored adult angel isn't going to be cheap. I'd maybe wait till you can upgrade the tank and then add a larger bodied red cichlid to the mix.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store