Why do people buy fish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
The one fish I was kind of guilty of this, was an Oscar; who I grew a few inches in a 55 before giving him to someone that could house him properly. I wanted to find out about their personalities etc etc.

Also guilty of returning aggressive cichlids, because I thought I could house them with no problems but had inevitable fighting etc. You live and you learn

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Im a big fan of his channel and he does not keep fish in small tanks. Just to let you know...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
RTCxTSN in about a 40 breeder?!?
Airapima in about a 30 ?!?
(Just an estimate based on his said measurements in comparison to tank width)
And he always says he has plans for the fish and he says he NEVER impulse buys supposedly they are going into his "friends pond" he has never updated the RTC hybrid or airapima since the first coupple vids hmmm sounds funny to mee don't ya think??? Even if they went to his friend he would should.have at least posted a pic slideshow on video don't ya think I'm not going to beat a dead horse I'm just saying that's the guy I think the above poster was speaking of and that's who keeps fish in small tanks and he can't house them properly. Even his 300 can't house half the fish he gets properly. I don't want to flame anymore rant over sorry OP

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Its usually like new tank syndrome but not for the fish...for the hobbyist. Buying a new and bigger tank some reason gives the idea of being able to house bigger fish (true but most people go and get the ones that grow HUGE! Even if they only upgraded by a few gallons lol). I finally upgraded to a 150 gallon from a 72 and pondered the idea of a black aro just so I can grow for a juvi to about 18 inches...but I did the research and since they are hard to come for cheap by I can easily sell or give it away when it got to big..but now which everyone else should look into...is finding alternatives. Now Im think of filling the top portion of the tank with a few apolo sharks

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
...With the intentions of eventually rehoming them? I don't get it.

I think it's silly.
I agree! It's as silly as the question you're asking. Of course, you don't get it, because you're not "people.". You're only you, so you can't understand others. Aren't we born equally, yet, unique? Just like I don't get why once in a while there's one riding a high horse and asking such silly question...

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I agree! It's as silly as the question you're asking. Of course, you don't get it, because you're not "people.". You're only you, so you can't understand others. Aren't we born equally, yet, unique? Just like I don't get why once in a while there's one riding a high horse and asking such silly question...
LOL. Do you have a ladder bro? It might help me get down.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
LOL. Do you have a ladder bro? It might help me get down.
There's no need for a ladder. If you want to get down, just click "undo." ;)

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
cause I can. And If i dont like it or just dont want it. Sure why not rehome it. Besides everyone on the forum does it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store