Got my new jardini today

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Its great that the pellets are getting smashed mate and that he's healed up quickly good signs of a healthy fish :thumbup::) not much to update on mine I tried to put an umbee out of my grow out in last night it quickly had to be moved back after dodging jardini jaws , I'll try again in few more weeks its still a bit small
Mine eats pretty much any pellet now but I feed hikari staple sinkers for my cats he eats them on way down lol and hikari carni sticks , he'll also eat king prawns and muscles which is good as it really brings there spangles and colour out imo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hq statesman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
qld Australia
Yeah mine eats prawns as well but makes a big mess doesn't like eating the head or she'll my old one used to eat anything loved algue wafers also thinking of getting rid of the sand to go bare Botton or black sand to make him darker image.jpg

image.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I feed shell free prawns until they get bigger mate , my old one used to smash them shell on but he was 24" and I always chopped the heads off first

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Bare bottom and black was my choice in the end I think it looks great with jardini , silver and blacks , if had Asian I think I'd go bare bottom and blue back and sides

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
nice fish! I always go with bare bottom, painted black, and leave all sides plain, this way the fish will get used with passing by people quicker, but that just my style. Nowadays my super red always charging towards the side of the tank everytime people passing by, seems like my fish wanna bites them,lol.
Other aro keepers here prefer their tank painted all black or blue, to gain nice contrast on the color. But i've those that are kept in all painted white tank, it is said to build metalic color on the aro.

hq statesman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
qld Australia
My tank has painted black back and sides but I didn't think of painting the bottom I'll get rid of the sand I'm hoping the colour from the back and sides might reflect on the bottom to make it look black

GarNiac

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
SE Asia
My tank has painted black back and sides but I didn't think of painting the bottom I'll get rid of the sand I'm hoping the colour from the back and sides might reflect on the bottom to make it look black
I dont think the reflection of the sides will make the bottom of the tank looks dark, because it will still reflecs the light from the top, maybe remove the fish on other tank, then you can paint the bottom, or else use black gravels instead.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Or roofing slate works well for a dark bottom , I've got grey carpet tiles under my tank quite a good effect shining through with bare bottom

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Tried to catch a shot of it in the light uploadfromtaptalk1414947423602.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store