Upcoming Movies and TV shows

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They need to cut down on the joking and wisecracks.The last one was kind of cartoonish.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
just saw A Dame to Kill For

man, it absolutely bombed at the box office making only like 10% of it's budget.

It wasn't a great movie by any means but i'm shocked at how awful it failed in theaters. wow

I loved the first one and I admit I didn't expect much from the sequel although I was looking forward to it. but it really did not live to expectations. I like the dark, melancholic feel but the pace and story was just so subpar to it's predecessor

the ending was horrible.
Thats disappointing to hear. I'm not surprised its bombing in the box office, they didnt market it at all. I didnt see a single preview

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Thats disappointing to hear. I'm not surprised its bombing in the box office, they didnt market it at all. I didnt see a single preview

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I guess if you liked the first one it's worth a watch. just do NOT pay for it and it should be ok to spend a couple of hours on it. but if you hated the first one, don't bother with the new one

btw, I like what Jackie chan's doing. not accepting bs roles. brush off anyone that approaches the idea of drunken master and rush hour movie unless he sees a quality script

that's awesome of him. and if they do a rush hour, chris tucker better be on board or else they shouldn't even waste anyone's time. it ain't rush hour if both aren't reprising the roles.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I like what Jackie chan's doing. not accepting bs roles. brush off anyone that approaches the idea of drunken master and rush hour movie unless he sees a quality script

that's awesome of him. and if they do a rush hour, chris tucker better be on board or else they shouldn't even waste anyone's time. it ain't rush hour if both aren't reprising the roles.
I thought most top actors did that.I've heard before of them turning down roles for various reasons...they certainly can afford to.What do you think of Chan turning down offers to be in Expendables films unless it is only he and Stallone without the rest of the stars?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I thought most top actors did that.I've heard before of them turning down roles for various reasons...they certainly can afford to.What do you think of Chan turning down offers to be in Expendables films unless it is only he and Stallone without the rest of the stars?
well yea of course actors do that.

I was just pointing out chan specifically, and specifically about drunken master and rush hour

I don't have a problem with chan's choice about the expendables also. it's over saturated. I think he wants only major roles shared with only one or two others. not a plethora of other guys.

I can't get much into the expendables because it's kind of silly to me. there's so many major players that everyone cancels each other making everyone minor players. if that makes any sense

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
well yea of course actors do that.

I was just pointing out chan specifically, and specifically about drunken master and rush hour

I don't have a problem with chan's choice about the expendables also. it's over saturated. I think he wants only major roles shared with only one or two others. not a plethora of other guys.

I can't get much into the expendables because it's kind of silly to me. there's so many major players that everyone cancels each other making everyone minor players. if that makes any sense
Gotcha..I was wondering what's so awesome about Chan refusing when they all pretty much do it but now I see your point.I was never a big fan of Chan and his slapstick style of action so it makes no difference to me which movie he turns up in.
Expendables seemed like a good idea for the first one and I enjoyed it but the next two got really silly to me.If they do another they should go another route and make a dark R rated movie to put an end to the franchise.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I've always been a fan of chan, but never been a huge fan.

I enjoy some slapstick mixed with comedy, I can get into it, but when every movie you're making is the same then I lose interest. every movie feels the same. that's always been my issue with chan.

I feel like if you watch rumble in the Bronx, that's pretty much all the Jackie chan you need.

with rush hour I think he found a good chemesty with tucker and the slapstick wasn't overly done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store