Which is the most aggressive SA/CA cichlid in your experience/opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprd71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2012
North Bay Ontario Canada
I have a 11in 18 month old RedTex female. Tex/Festae hybrid. 44 years and hundreds of fish in my hobby life. Hands down the meanest fish I have ever owned. Killed a male Jag when she was 3ins long! A complete psycho goon, but such a pretty girl!

Lunatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
The Milky Way Galaxy
Look at this grammodes, the owner thinks it's a dovii Lol.

That community of cichlids are gonna die, people are underestimating the grammodes...

[video=youtube;3R9WtJgnxoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R9WtJgnxoY[/video]

MonitorSpiderCichlid

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2011
Where the Simpsons takes place
Every cichlid is different personality wise. You can have the most sadistic psychopathic angelfish and the most sweet innocent dovii. I know this is silly, but it happens.

From my experience, I think the grammodes is the winner. I've tried breeding them before, never worked. It always ended with one dominant male grammodes. I even tried adding dithers, it never worked.

I think the dovii is a close second. Apex predator. Every specimen I've owned battered anything living with it, although they were all males. Females of this species are mild, which is strange. Grammodes and Haitiensis male or female regardless are machines!

Jayfish7

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
New York
my oscar is an absolute nut!.. fights with everything!.. but more of a "big bully" type of mentality... he better chill though cause my baby jag will be an adult one day!

Bad Wolf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
New Jersey
My 7in Lyonsi has taken out many fish.

MisterCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
New Jersey
1.P. Dovii (2)
2. C. Umbriferus (1) never owned umbee So 1 & 2 can be switched
3. N. Haitiense
4. N. Beani
5. P. Managuense
6. A. Festae
7. A. Labiatus
8. C. Grammodes
9. A. Trimaculatus
10. A. Stalsbergi

This is a quick top 10 mainly based on experience with majority of these cichlids, some of course can be switched out but I think this is a killer top 10

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Black Nasty, Umbee's and Dovi's. They're powerful enough to break your arm. Convicts luckily stay too small, but if they even got half that size...Yeah a motivated convict is the most aggressive S.A./C.A. -HANDS DOWN-

sloppyfishbeer86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2014
Philadelphia, pa
Every cichlid is different personality wise. You can have the most sadistic psychopathic angelfish and the most sweet innocent dovii. I know this is silly, but it happens.

From my experience, I think the grammodes is the winner. I've tried breeding them before, never worked. It always ended with one dominant male grammodes. I even tried adding dithers, it never worked.

I think the dovii is a close second. Apex predator. Every specimen I've owned battered anything living with it, although they were all males. Females of this species are mild, which is strange. Grammodes and Haitiensis male or female regardless are machines!
I agree about the unique personalities of cichlids as far as aggressiveness, I have had cichlids that were king in one tank than the weakest link in another. It really depends, adding a fish or rearranging the ornaments can change the whole dynamics of the tank. But in my experience my meanest fish all around was probably a Jaguar that would draw blood on my knuckles when i cleaned the tank. Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store