My dance with the devils

Jrogers_kcco

Feeder Fish
Sep 24, 2014
California
I had my 7" pyara and 8.5" goonch in the same tank,and the goonch tried eating my pyara. I separated them to allow the pyara to get bigger before trying to introduce them into the same tank again. Problem is the goonch has grown to 13" and the pyara has only grown .5 of an inch. Any ideas what I can do to get the pyara to grow?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I had my 7" pyara and 8.5" goonch in the same tank,and the goonch tried eating my pyara. I separated them to allow the pyara to get bigger before trying to introduce them into the same tank again. Problem is the goonch has grown to 13" and the pyara has only grown .5 of an inch. Any ideas what I can do to get the pyara to grow?

You'll bet better answers on Payaras in the Other Characins section of the forum, which is a sub-forum under Other Monster Fish.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there

It really depends on the typ of payara. I originally had my 1st one with 3 scomb's with no problems at all

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Ivan, can you post some more pics of the tiny goonch? I suspect that it may be a dwarf and I'd like to attempt to diagnose it. It's likely a futile endeavor, but it's worth a try.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store