illustrations to differentiate normal silver, albino silver, platinum silver. snow

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
There are varying forms of albinism. In its purist form there is a complete lack of melanin ie all white with pink eyes. Less severe forms do allow for some melanin in varying degrees and while still technically speaking albinos there may be some pigmentation ie black eyes. or a spot of pigment on the skin.
Agreed...for as long as it exhibits yellowish top .. it is albino.. regardless eyes is pink/red eyes.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I can't believe this has started all over again

Mfk is getting silly now

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
For me I don't think ANY silver aro is worth more than $250 no matter how rare it is

I can see why Asian aro are more expensive due to the Micro chip arrival 10 and import and export papers but not a silver which will nearly always get drop eye

But hay everyone in this hobby likes different things
If we all had exactly the same fish it would get very boring

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
For me I don't think ANY silver aro is worth more than $250 no matter how rare it is

I can see why Asian aro are more expensive due to the Micro chip arrival 10 and import and export papers but not a silver which will nearly always get drop eye

But hay everyone in this hobby likes different things
If we all had exactly the same fish it would get very boring

I think Asian arro should be much cheaper since they are bred in farms with regularity.

Platinum, snow and Xanthic silvers will bring a high value because there are very few out there- that's what make them rare and expensive. Ever heard of supply and demand? Drop eye doesn't make them less rare, just less appealing to some.

Having said that I will take any Asian arro over any type of silver because I like the overall shape and look of the Asian arrow. I'd rather have a green Asian arro than a snow silver. And black arros look terrible when they get big. Thin stringy tails and no barbels- no thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store