Electric blue acara?

Kimba91016

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
california
Very nice electric blue Acara. I have two that I am growing out and hoping to spawn. Towed Jumper...you don't find them to be aggressive to your Bolivians or Electric blue Rams?

TowedJumper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2014
Washington DC
I have mine in a 75 gal tank, with 2 Bolivian rams, 2 Electric Blue Rams and 1 regular Blue Acara. Water change every 2 days. One thing I've noticed about the EB Acaras are that they don't eat much, compared to the Rams.
The EB Acaras are not aggressive at all, I picked up 2 more the other day. I have 4 EB Acaras and none of them are aggressive towards each other or the rams. They're not spawning or anything, but I do believe that will change once they stat.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Most people say blue acaras are fairly peaceful, mine isn't. He killed many fish as a 3" baby and even harassed fish that were a foot long by ripping off scales.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
I've had my pair for almost a year. I actually had the first pic up on the internet for them! My pair has never been very aggressive. They are about 5-6" now and have been breeding for several months. I keep them in a planted 55g with some upper-jaw bichirs.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I've had my pair for almost a year. I actually had the first pic up on the internet for them! My pair has never been very aggressive. They are about 5-6" now and have been breeding for several months. I keep them in a planted 55g with some upper-jaw bichirs.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Oh man you gotta show us a pic of that. I haven't seen many EBA that size. And what upper jaw bichirs are you keeping as well? I got my guy in a planted 75 with some misc. fish including my senegalensis, retropinnis, rope, and delhezi

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store