How long can I house him

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
The only question I've got is if you plan to upgrade asap why you thinking short body's ? , if it was me I'd have an upgrade in mind in next few months or just wait a while until you can house an aro long term

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
There's practically no existence of a true short body arowana... They take the original arowana and deform it. Those are rare and out of the country and would cost $$$$ the only Arowanas you can buy in the US are silver, blacks, Jardini, and african. All of these will out grow your 55 in about 2-3 months depending on how you feed it. The smallest arowana you can purchase is a jardini and they still range up to 18 inches and are the most aggressive arowana too. You're trying to force a situation that is not possible. You need to upgrade to Atleast a 150 tank to be able to house and arowana

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
+1 pretty much nailed it right there

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
OK, 6 months instead of 5. quit messing around and hose it properly or don't get it.

josh_g

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
isle of wight
OP your lucky to even be able to get an Arowana. I've wanted one for ages just never had a big enough tank. So went to buy a 180gal (UK) then thought nah i'l splash out so I can get a Jardini so bought a 260gal (UK) now it's been sitting basically empty with nothing but a plec because I can not find somewhere that will post an Arowana to where I live :(

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I have always wanted an arrow but have never got one because I know I could never properly house one. I had a 125 and knew I would not be able to go bigger than that so I never got another Arrow. There are many many more fish out there that are just as interesting that will fit in a 55. If you want a top dwelling live feeding fish look at archers. They are really cool and almost have a face like and arrow but many are brackish so you will need to add a little salt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store