Is this Green Terror a male or female?

Murrayt

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2014
California
Cant say that I feel like a shmuck when I simply thought it was smaller than 8" and laughed at the joke. On the contrary, I am now a firm believer that when asm129 tells his lady that he has 10"... he has 10".

As for the GT, I thought it looked Male in water, but it does look more like a Female from your measurement picture... confusing.

Here's where my logic comes in... When you took it out to measure the overall length, why not vent it? Or take a picture and we could identify whether its male or female. It does look very thin, almost stunted, which is likely why it is difficult to sex.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
Cool, thank you. Is there anything that stands out that makes it look like a male? I'm trying to get better at sexing GTs.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
What type of severum is that in the pic?

aggriffin3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
Grand Rapids
Looks like a male to me also. The forehead and dorsal fin makes me think that way. I am no expert, but my female did not have the long stringing dorsal and sloping forehead like that. I know there are other ways, but those tend to be my indicators. Also, why would someone say that fish wasnt 8" from a photo unless it was swimming next to a known size fish or object. The nerve...

Art

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store