Who here still uses a "dumb" phone?

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
I got some old Nokia over a decade old. I buy my minutes when I need them and have no contract. Does everything I need -- phone calls and occasional text. I don't need any other BS features or need to impress others by having a "new" phone. Meanwhile, people spend a fortune on phones and are always broke. Not very smart at all. If you can't make wise purchases and have your priorities straight in life you are gonna struggle with money and not be able to afford nice things. In order to be well off you have to learn how to HANG ON to your money.
News flash- most of us stay with the same carrier for awhile and get free upgrades- have never paid cash for a phone. Just because you need an old phone to feel better about yourself, and prove how superior you are that you only call and text people, doesn't mean you have to talk mess about people with nice phones

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I never got one either but I did have the Star Tac which was kind of like the Razr's predecessor.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Yeah....everyone who has a phone must be rolling in debt? So judgmental you are.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
blanket statements seem to be his thing.

I had a dumb phone for a couple years and I was fine with it.

we upgraded back to smart phone because my carrier gave us a good deal. the monthly bill stayed roughly the same but we now have unlimited talk. with our basic phones and other plan we had limited talk

so the upgrade was a no brainer. and now when I do see someone with an old basic phone I laugh a little, point my nose up as I walk by them and feel superior because their stone age phones are beneath me, so maybe pyramid party's onto something

pshtex

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
united states
blanket statements seem to be his thing.

I had a dumb phone for a couple years and I was fine with it.

we upgraded back to smart phone because my carrier gave us a good deal. the monthly bill stayed roughly the same but we now have unlimited talk. with our basic phones and other plan we had limited talk

so the upgrade was a no brainer. and now when I do see someone with an old basic phone I laugh a little, point my nose up as I walk by them and feel superior because their stone age phones are beneath me, so maybe pyramid party's onto something
HAHA funny

Naos1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2012
Pasig, Philippines
I have two smartphones, a Samsung Galaxy S5 ang a Blackberry Q10, and even an iPod Touch. I have a Nokia Asha 300 which isn't technically a dumb phone but I use it while I commute to ward off would-be robbers.

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
No smart phone, just flip, pix, text and talk. I don't even like texting too much.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Just land line here. No cell phone. I had one in my late teens for a few months when my dad had a family plan and hated it. People kept calling me and wanting to hang out. So I got rid of it. The last thing I need is people in my life.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just land line here. No cell phone. I had one in my late teens for a few months when my dad had a family plan and hated it. People kept calling me and wanting to hang out. So I got rid of it. The last thing I need is people in my life.
Thanks for the laugh!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store