So who's got amaralia hypsiura?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Awesome large banjo cats. I understand they take larger foods like earthworms (cut) and chopped shrimp. Sexing them is likely as difficult as with other banjo cats. There's no reliable sexual dimorphism between the sexes. Best chance to sex them is from an overhead view of similar size specimens raised together. Females will likely be the broader-bodied specimens due to the size of their ovaries and due to egg production.

mike_sema

Hail Hogs
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
HOT Water
Awesome large banjo cats. I understand they take larger foods like earthworms (cut) and chopped shrimp. Sexing them is likely as difficult as with other banjo cats. There's no reliable sexual dimorphism between the sexes. Best chance to sex them is from an overhead view of similar size specimens raised together. Females will likely be the broader-bodied specimens due to the size of their ovaries and due to egg production.
Yes these guys are very nice, watching them now. You always have very informative info to share Oddball thank you

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast
Spectacular cat! Photo of the month worthy?! Just look at that dorsal ridge...

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast
I know right! this 2 ray cat is very impressive, well to me.
You good sir, are not alone! Not often you see a species so distinctly unique. That pic still blows me away!

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
old thread reboot.

anyone keeping these or seen them for sale, they look amazing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store