fishroom build and 800 gallon tropical pond

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
Hi sorry not been posting ive been busy working, cheers for the advice about filling the holes i forgot to mention in my last post il give it a go. So not loads of progress pond wise but the fake rock wall around the pond has started, ive used all the used wood from the mould to make the frame for the rock wall which wraps about 60% around the pond, it doesnt look nice at the moment i need to buy more spray foam to fill the gaps and give it a rocky effect, ised used all the same techniques as i did on the waterfall but its bout 8x bigger so may take a couple of days, il upload the pics as soon as its done on saturday, i just need to buy a few more bits of ivy and pothos for when its done, then i have to pour the concrete floor then paint on the liquid rubber then hopefully fill it up. Im aiming to have a couple of fish to cycle the pond in by the end of november, then build my breeding set-up!

doyboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
essex uk
Great build, good to see another UK member doing a pond build :thumbup:
Anyone from UK used any of the UK rubber paints on ply wood at all ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Cool matt if the water falls anything to go off I'm sure it'll look great , look forward to update pics :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
Cheers thanks a lot, heres a quick video of my pond, its only short i cudnt upload the long video, its just george the giant gourami (he was called that when i got him) and my dog elly, elly usually licks his head. Il upload that video tomorrow

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
The videos from a few months ago about 2 months after i got george and he was in a bad state, he had fungus on his scales and really bad finrot, so i had to take him and he went in this quarantine on his own for 2 months on lots of meds but hes looking great now his tail has grown about 2 inches and is almost perfect and his red has come back, hes just a bit old and grey now.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Wow George looks like a beast man , I wouldn't dare let my dog hang over my tanks he'd be in within seconds lol :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
Yeah george is getting big now, he was really underfed but putting on weight now. So ive almost finished the rock wall now, the first two coats of cement is on i just have to add a bit more to get rid of any straight lines but il let it dry a day so it doesnt fall apart because of the weight of cement on a flat wall is causing it to slump a little. But so far so good il upload the finished pics tomorrow when its all planted and covered in moss

jamesdecruz

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2009
uk
hi mattman
sorry for the dumb question but the ties you used did you just throw them in ala reinforcement fibers style or not,also what foam did you use for the waterfall was it just builders foam or was it proper aquarium safe foam

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store