Smallest Trimac pair??

cavamart

Feeder Fish
Sep 22, 2007
Oregon
Actually there are eggs below the female at that point. I don't like letting them breed that small, but the joy of watching a "small" pair defend against a large community tank is what a lot a us enjoy. When they get 10" and start killing other fish off, it's not so fun!

Enjoy them at that stage.

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Well this little pair spawned last nite!!! here are some pics from the other day and a lil video. I moved them into a 29 temporarily with the eggs and they are both doing the young parent thing:) completely unexpected lol and no sooner did i move them out did two more begin to pair out in 75 and in the same corner too:ROFL: Guess ite that time of year;) if anyone is looking for a li pair then please hit me up as i have a few that will be pairing off as im only looking for a solo male which im hoping to get from a friend of mine. i figure between the ones i got and he has i should be able to find what im looking for:) From my expirience its better to spawn trimacs when smaller to help stay away from the brutal beatings they can give eachother at larger sizes. It looks like i have at least 100 eggs if not more, which is amazing to me from such a small female:)

[YT]7jFx4q5es04[/YT]

_DSC0015.JPG

_DSC0016.JPG

_DSC0018.JPG

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Wow very small!! Could it be that they are old but just have not grown??

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Wow very small!! Could it be that they are old but just have not grown??
I doubt it, usually they are ready to spawn at 3.5" not to mention I have a second pair forming same size:) and trimacs grow quick. I got these guys three weeks ago at 1.75-2"

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Wow thats crazy, horny little bastards lol. Forsure
on the fast growing, mine hit 6 inch in like 4 months. Good luck with them man!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store