Who here still uses a "dumb" phone?

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I just switched about half a year ago, mainly because the store I was at flip phones were as expensive to get as the older smartphones. I don't really use it as a smart phone though, no emails or really any web browsing unless it's just a quick look up. Texting is much easier, so I tend to do it more. And I do use the map function when I get lost which is nice.

Luckily I haven't dropped it yet, which I did often with my old flip phone. And by old, I mean it still had the Cingular badge on it.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
If it weren't for my computer taking a dive I would probably still have one.

I had an LG-ux280 for the longest time. It held a charge for a full week. Best call reception. I could get service anywhere, even when my friends couldnt on their smart phones.

I still keep it in the bedside drawer as a backup.

Currently have a galaxy note2. 3100mah battery lasts a day of light usage. Reception is aweful. Miss the old flip phone. Miss slamming it shut too.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Love my smart phone for its entertainment value. I hate waiting..my phone has changed my outlook. I browse the Web, check email, post on fish forums while I'm waiting. If I have any questions, I just ask Google. I don't even have to type anything unless I want to. This summer I took videos of our guests wake surfing and wakeboarding. The videos and pictures were posted to their Facebook pages before they got off the boat. That sure beats uploading pictures and videos from my camera to a disc or to a photo bucket site (which this phone will do automatically if I want). My phone is fast and user friendly. I don't know how I managed without a smart phone.. In the morning I turn my computer on. By the time I can access my home page, I will have already checked my emails, checked the weather and news on my phone.

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
I do as well..just don't need anything beyond texting and making phone calls, neither of which I do often anyways.

I have something like this *Edit* Sorry, did not realize that was such a big pic :p
moto_purple_razr_1.jpg

moto_purple_razr_1.jpg

festaefred

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2012
vancouver,washington
My smartphone is pretty dam durable i actually ran it over with a 2000lb tool cart and it somehow survived and i got it for 80 and its been more then useful compared to my little dumb phone saved a tank full of fish from parasites

Sent from my LG-LS970 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
I got some old Nokia over a decade old. I buy my minutes when I need them and have no contract. Does everything I need -- phone calls and occasional text. I don't need any other BS features or need to impress others by having a "new" phone. Meanwhile, people spend a fortune on phones and are always broke. Not very smart at all. If you can't make wise purchases and have your priorities straight in life you are gonna struggle with money and not be able to afford nice things. In order to be well off you have to learn how to HANG ON to your money.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I got some old Nokia over a decade old. I buy my minutes when I need them and have no contract. Does everything I need -- phone calls and occasional text. I don't need any other BS features or need to impress others by having a "new" phone. Meanwhile, people spend a fortune on phones and are always broke. Not very smart at all. If you can't make wise purchases and have your priorities straight in life you are gonna struggle with money and not be able to afford nice things. In order to be well off you have to learn how to HANG ON to your money.
Yeah....everyone who has a phone must be rolling in debt? So judgmental you are.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store