Ebola round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
There is a semi-feral cat that eats our outside cat's food. He chases her and terrorizes her. She had to be hospitalized from an infected bite, courtesy of this ugly cat. I named him Booger Snot, but changed his name to Booger Ebola. An ugly name for an ugly cat.

b.jpg

He's sitting next to the trap. He has been trapped twice. Our old trap had a faulty door which opened. The second time was recently. Unfortunately, our neighbor had a change of heart and released him. He goes around attacking all the neighbors' cats. One cat didn't come home for a few days because Booger Ebola was hanging around waiting to attack him.
b1.jpg

Here's video of the old trap's faulty door action. Coons also eat the outside cat's food. We didn't know if the coons or Booger Ebola was attacking our cat until one day when our cat screamed and we found Booger Ebola attacking her.
[YT]LQqiTXga-FQ&list[/YT]

b.jpg

b1.jpg

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
There is a semi-feral cat that eats our outside cat's food. He chases her and terrorizes her. She had to be hospitalized from an infected bite, courtesy of this ugly cat. I named him Booger Snot, but changed his name to Booger Ebola. An ugly name for an ugly cat.

View attachment 1043844

must be redheaded cats have a mean streak,.. I have the exact same problem with one that looks just like him. He comes through and tears into our cat. I had to take her to the vet bcuz of an infected bite on her head, real sick w/bad fever etc.
I hate that red tiger cat :swear:

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Illinois has followed suit and will do mandatory quarantining of people with direct contact with Ebola patients. Virginia is now reviewing their quarantine policies.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Heard on the radio a 5 year old American(boy)has Ebola now, yes he went to Africa. I'll search for more details.

Edit: Here's an article from yesterday: http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/ny-boy-being-tested-for-ebola-develops-fever/

So, from what they said today was he tested positive. Since I haven't found an updated article, I wonder if the radio jumped the gun and misspoke.

Hello; The 6:30 news just said the five year old tested negative. I guess we will find out which is true in days?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Interesting turn of events the last few days. While I had some lingering hope that the people in charge would get things sorted out, that now seems in more doubt. I am thinking of the quarantine issues.

I quarantine all newly bought fish in a dedicated QT. I fully expect all my newly purchased fish to be disease free. In fact it has been a number of years since bringing home a diseased fish. I practice quarantine as a just in case. It makes sense to give any potential pathogen a chance to show up in the QT.

My QT is bare bottom with only some free floating plants. Any disease/parasite that shows up can be treated in the QT. If the treatment does not work, I may lose the new fish but not the fish in my other tanks. That is the point of a QT, to prevent the spread of something into the larger community of my established tanks.

I am in favor of a mandatory quarantine for people who have been in direct contact with those infected with Ebola. Based on my understanding of well over 90% showing symptoms in the 21 day incubation period (I believe the incubation period can technically be up to 41 days.). Most infected begin to show symptoms by around ten days. It therefore seems reasonable to me that the quarantine period be at least 21 days.

I understand that a nurse plans to defy her quarantine order. I hope the authorities do not cave on this by allowing her to do so. There is every chance that she is disease free, just as my new fish have been disease free for some years, but why take the chance?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I feel it's nice of a person to risk themselves by going there...but that's where it stops. When they come back they should not be allowed in the general population. If she doesn't like it....THEN DON'T GO TO AFRICA!!. I think she should be arrested if she tries to break quarantine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store