Male Rio Mag umbee spawned with female Panama Loiselle.

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
So over the coarse of a week or so my 10" Rio mag male has paired up with a female Panama Loiselle and tonight she dropped eggs which he has fertilized. I will be watching closely over the next several days to see if they are viable but all looks good so far. I will shoot a video as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DREWSMITH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
South Riding, VA
You are going to rile alot of people up with this.... good luck with the spawn. Are you going to pull them? Or leave them in the community?

Drew

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
Eggs still seem viable this morning. As far as what I will do with them when they hatch, I will likely raise some up just to see what the end up looking like. I may sell the rest to people who are responsible enough to make sure they are sold as pure fish due to what they are. Central x South American crosses are rare and between an umbee and a parachromis even more so.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
So let them know why crosses are interesting... Why hybrided cichlids are interesting.

U uncovered a side God created that needs special actions to get to..

Dont hate.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
yikes..more garbage!!
i said don't hate dam it. :)

because it'll be something you've never seen. With out crosses, cichlids are around half as fun.. Not the cross I'm looking for Umbee to X with but it's a start and already sound intersting.

When it's done too much and too easy, then it becomes trash; It's up to the ppl

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
i said don't hate dam it. :)

because it'll be something you've never seen. With out crosses, cichlids are around half as fun.. Not the cross I'm looking for Umbee to X with but it's a start and already sound intersting.

When it's done too much and too easy, then it becomes trash; It's up to the ppl
I myself am against hybrids also. But there are people out there that want them. And to myself the most dangerous hybrids are ones that are crosses between two very similar fish. It becomes to hard to tell if the fish is pure or not. I doubt that this is the outcome here if it works out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store