Question about fish tuberculosis

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
Does anyone know if it's possible that TB can infect fish through water without consumption of an infected host? Again, it's not direct contact, the water landed in the cabinet, dried, a few weeks or maybe even months my net touched the same cabinet. I'm very paranoid, I just don't want to lose everything again

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fibbingbear

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
SoCal
What people need to be aware of is that chain stores like Petco and Petsmart have fish with TB in practically every tank. Mollies and platies are generally the first to get them. I have seen tanks with TB infected fish as the majority of the population in it.

How do you know that those fish have TB just by looking at it?

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
How do you know that those fish have TB just by looking at it?
Well, even if it isn't TB, there are so many fish following the same symptoms as the one mine have died from that some of that are bound to be TB. I made the mistake of buying one of these platys showing this same classic symptom but during it's early stages. Swept through my stock.

fibbingbear

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
SoCal
Well, even if it isn't TB, there are so many fish following the same symptoms as the one mine have died from that some of that are bound to be TB. I made the mistake of buying one of these platys showing this same classic symptom but during it's early stages. Swept through my stock.

Ohhhh... I think you're over reaching. Who diagnosed your tank with TB?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store