Water changes for 90 gallon Oscar

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
little less than the one eye up water change.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
hopefully the OP got enough info so his fish not end up looking like this.
To be fair I kind of got lost among it all about 10 posts back, where it started talking about giant humans and stuff or whatever; basically if I'd have to do 90% water changes on a 90 gallon weekly, i'll probably just give it a bye.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
basically if I'd have to do 90% water changes on a 90 gallon weekly, i'll probably just give it a bye.
Probably for the best then, water quality management for an adult oscar in a 90 gallon tank is definitely going to require large weekly water changes. I think that we can all agree on that. If a larger tank isn't in the works down the road you would probably be better off with a species that won't reach such a large size, and lucky for you there's plenty of other great species of fish to choose from. Good luck!

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Probably for the best then, water quality management for an adult oscar in a 90 gallon tank is definitely going to require large weekly water changes. I think that we can all agree on that. If a larger tank isn't in the works down the road you would probably be better off with a species that won't reach such a large size, and lucky for you there's plenty of other great species of fish to choose from. Good luck!
If I can sort out the python water changer I'd do it, buckets would kill me haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
:ROFL:

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
If I can sort out the python water changer I'd do it, buckets would kill me haha
Better still, some sort of continuous drip or semi-automated system would be ideal. A friends father is an electrical engineer so they rigged up a system for his 1700L tank that does a 200L water change with the push of a button...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store