Can I force feed my tsn?

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Is there a way u can force feed him peas? He has swim bladder problems and I think they are being caused by constipation. I haven't seen him poop in quite some time. I've tried Epsom salt baths and dips and they don't seen to be working. I was wondering if I can force feed him peas or if there is another laxitives I can use on him.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Well I guess it is possible. I just put 6 peas down his throat and you can clearly see them in his stomach.image.jpg

image.jpg

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
This actually seems to have worked. He regurgitated the majority of the peas, but he must have had enough in his system to cleanse his system. After doing it twice, he is right side up. Fingers crossed

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Wow that's pretty cool if it works out. Seachem makes a good internal parasite remover called metrodazonite. If you don't feel its internal parasite adding half the amount if he starts eating again will clear him out.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
That fish is alive? Never had anything recover once it couldnt stay upright. Well done

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Yea he's doing awesome! Not eating aggressively, but it is eating. He doesn't seem to be having any troubles staying upright anymore. I force fed him for the last time yesterday, which I used crushed up massivore and mushed peas into the mix. He seemed to regurgitate less of the mixture than he did of the solid peas. If he seems fine by tonight, I am going to move him back into the big tank. I thought he was almost dead as he was laying completely upside down, but everytime I netted him he put up a pretty good fight, so he had a lot of life left in him. I wasn't going to give up trying to fix him until I knew he was really suffering.

niverren

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2014
Dallas, TX
Davis, how exactly did you force feed him? I have a common plec that hasn't eaten for 3 weeks and hasn't responded to salt, bac, or parasite treatments. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store