Dog won't let me enter the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's not very funny to me considering the range of topics that are discussed in the lounge.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
It's not very funny to me considering the range of topics that are discussed in the lounge.
One of the things I believe shouldn't be in a fish forum is "THE LOUNGE". The funny part is... the last thing I would do is ask any of you guys for help pertaining to other things happening in my life other then fish related topics. But to each his own....Oh, how society has changed, I guess I am not a social butterfly.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
One of the things I believe shouldn't be in a fish forum is "THE LOUNGE". The funny part is... the last thing I would do is ask any of you guys for help pertaining to other things happening in my life other then fish related topics. But to each his own....Oh, how society has changed, I guess I am not a social butterfly.
Not to jump on you...and yet you are posting here. But I do agree with your solution, too many have been mauled and attacked by dogs to risk it.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
The only reason I posted here and I should have been serious from the start was the topic is about an aggressive dog. Being my niece was bitten in the face by a pitbull I would not fool around and ask here for advice which I thought was funny but I thought I should help. Seek professional advice from the animal control officers not a joe blow on a fish site.

For the record I think this is only the third time I have posted in the lounge since I joined. The other times was to make fun of the topic what are you listening to right now and ban the person above you. I will stick with pictures,videos and advice pertaining to fish.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
At BLKPiranha: you do not want to post in the lounge,, don't. You don't want opinions on other stuff that is relevant to you,mdo not ask,mbut also,mdo not provide.

To the OP, what breed of dog are you talking about?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
mdo not ask,mbut also,mdo not provide

Is that some kind of secret moderator language reserved for the lounge? Don't worry I have never and will never ask for opinions other then fish related stuff on here! That's a fact!

Why would it matter what kind of dog it was? It's big,aggressive and has teeth so that's about all you need to know.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
As for the m's in front of my words it is the fault of my fingers in my keyboard. Sorry if this offended you. I stand corrected.

Perhaps it is best if you abstain from coming into the Lounge ( as a matter of fact I do agree with you.i would do without in a fish forum )

As to the discussion about the dog and my question to the Op, it st should not interest you, as you pointed out, not being fish related. Secondly, and more relevant, you know zilch about dogs, so do not even ask about stuff you do not know, nor want to know...

Please.

Op, what kind of dog we are talking about?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
As for the m's in front of my words it is the fault of my fingers in my keyboard. Sorry if this offended you. I stand corrected.

Perhaps it is best if you abstain from coming into the Lounge ( as a matter of fact I do agree with you.i would do without in a fish forum )

As to the discussion about the dog and my question to the Op, it st should not interest you, as you pointed out, not being fish related. Secondly, and more relevant, you know zilch about dogs, so do not even ask about stuff you do not know, nor want to know...

Please.

Op, what kind of dog we are talking about?
For the record you and everbody on this site knows zilch about me and that is how I will keep it so don't try to say what I know or don't know. I didn't say I knew anything about dogs,didn't ask anything about dogs!!!!! Hence when I was serious I said seek professional help and not help from fish gurus on a fish forum. Pretty common sense and good advice. By the way I do own a dog, know about dogs and since I am older then you I have owned more dogs then you. When I was serious I didn't give him bad advice unlike 99% of you guys are going to start to do now!! Now that I am done in the lounge ,thanks for your participation and making my midnight at work go faster.:cheers:

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I will leave it at that.

You ve had your say,mi have had mine.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Chances are that if the dog doesn't have any protection training then he won't do any thing, he's just un sure of what's going on and is standing his ground. Just walk in with confidence and don't let him know that you're afraid of him. What's kind of dog is it btw?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
hello; What is plan B if the dog decides to chew on the nephew? Sounds like a risky approach. it may be that the nephew may only be able to feed the dog in question and perhaps the cat. The bird and others in the house may not be something not anyone can do anything about.

I understand about nephews. Since my nephew moved back into the area six months ago, he has yet to stop by. I have been by his place. he did come a year ago when I fixed his truck. It is the nature of things that young folk find little charm in visiting old folk.

To the OP. My take is that it is a different thing to feed a dog at a fence and make friends than to invade it's territory. One does not necessarily lead to the other. The feeding may get you close enough to put a stout lead on the dog and get control that way.

You intent is good, but there may not be a good way to get past the dog. This may be a situation with no good solution. Be wary of advice from the dog lovers on this forum. They tend to believe mainly positive things about dogs. For sure some dogs will attack you and this is especially true in their own territory with their master away. Whatever you try, take caution.

If you decide call animal control be sure to discuss the proceedure. They may solve the problem by taking the dog away to an animal shelter which might lead to the demise of the dog. Authorities can have a legalistic view about such situations.

Does your uncle have neighbors? If so, perhaps one of them may be familiar to the dog and can approach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store