EBJD Breeding

redlinerandy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
somewhere in usa
ya im pretty sure there color comes out pretty quick my lfs has some super small ones and there really blue dunno though all i know is i want some :) i have 2 baby jacks and the one is super colorfull maybe blue jean? dunno

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Update-

New pair getting to know each other, and lookin pretty fine in the process if I may say so myself! What's everyone else think?

Sent from my DROID X2 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Well since I haven't updated this thread in awhile due to the lack of SUCCESS! Figured I'd share my minor disaster story instead. Nothing too crazy, my tank I have my secondary EBJDxBGJD pair in sprung a serious leak two nights ago! Spent the later portion of the evening siphoning water and transferring fish into a spare 55g. Picked up a new tank yesterday and got it all straightened out!

spike38

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2012
leesburg georgia
Glad you saved them. If the other tank is just a silicone leak, You can reseal it.
Something else in your tank caught my attention. Are the stones I marked limestone?
If so, It could be screwing up your PH.

Spike:grinno:
2012-07-31_06-32-02_906-1.jpg

2012-07-31_06-32-02_906-1.jpg

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Yep, gotta be the silicone and definitely will repair! In the process of working on a 110 tall. Couldn't wait though and got a new 40g breeder for $50 on Craigslist list and the guy delivered it to me while I was working! And as for the rocks....didn't think they were limestone but will definitely look more carefully when I get home!

Bktgifridays

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2012
Western New York
Well...to be 110% honest....I have not the slightest clue how to tell if this is limestone or not! Didn't think so and my earth science teacher and my grandfather would probably smack me upside the head but I didn't remember any of that unfortunately. Any help? Got all of my rocks just around the property and guess I never really put any thought into it...

spike38

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2012
leesburg georgia
It's hard to say from pictures, looks to be lime stone, or sand stone. Either can lower PH. But if your PH is dropping below 6.5, this may be why your JDs won't breed.

Spike

Sent from my C771 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store