Yep, eviction

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
The thought has crossed my mind
But, it's not the landlord that's kicking my fish& us out.she's pretty upset about us leaving.

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
We didn't pay a deposit when we moved in

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I would have just ditched the tanks. They're pretty solid in their case against you at this point (based on what you have posted).
Having an eviction on your record will bring other problems down the road when you try to find a new place or get a home loan (if you plan on something like that).

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
I would have just ditched the tanks. They're pretty solid in their case against you at this point (based on what you have posted).
Having an eviction on your record will bring other problems down the road when you try to find a new place or get a home loan (if you plan on something like that).
good point. when signing lease agreements and so forth there is usually a question that asks if you have ever been evicted.

saying 'yes' is a bad thing..

see if your landlord can fight on your behalf to let you stay if you agree to ditch the tanks.

once you move voluntarily you can get right back into the hobby.

Lusus_Naturae

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2010
OK, USA
He CAN legally say he was never evicted - he isn't being evicted by his landlord, he just said she likes him. So that reference will be good. He also never paid a deposit, obvious sign the landlord is cool. At this point it sounds like moving may be a better option, but it sounds like they don't have a good reason to evict you either.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
If you have a new place to move to then tell the HOA your plans and maybe they will grant an extension on the move by date and not evict. While HOA's are extremely strict, and some of their rules don't seem to make sense, they're made up of real people and unless you P'd them off then they may be willing to work with you if in the end they get what they want. Having an eviction on your record can make getting a new place as difficult as getting a loan after filing bankruptcy.

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
The landlord is a friend of my wife's aunt.

Ditch my tanks? Screw that! They'll just find something else to complain about.

More to the story, that I'm not telling? Yeah, I guess there is... This place is basically a retirement home. The majority of the owners are 60+ & they don't want renters.
We have been pretty much harrassed since we moved in 4 yrs ago.
A BIG part of their whining is because I have kids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store