Plants dieing need help

angelojg22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
long island New York
Hi everyone kinda new to the plant life lol, but I usually have some luck with a few.
Anyway I have an established 30 gallon long that I decided to make a planted tank.
Not sure what all of the plants are called but

I have an aqueon floramax bulb in the tank and I have been adding flourish by seachem and plant food by aqueon

So fare so good most plants were doing very good,
then they started to brown from the tip down till the leaf was completely dead,
I have read that means there a lack of Fe but I'm making sure I put a good about of it in with the flourish product

2 more problems I can think of is when I started the tank I chose fine gravel not a good choice for plants but I didn't think I wanted to go that direction, and also there is a lot of drift wood so the water is slightly tea colored maybe the light is not effective.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jay973

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Northern Jersey
From the pic those look like Amazon sword plants that were grown emersed if that is the case you'll loose the original leaves while it transitions. Keep an eye on the middle of the plants for new growth which will be a good sign. The submersed version of this plant will be completely different if that's what it is, it will go from long stem with a round leaf as you have to a long bladed leaf without a stem per say.

angelojg22

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2010
long island New York
From the pic those look like Amazon sword plants that were grown emersed if that is the case you'll loose the original leaves while it transitions. Keep an eye on the middle of the plants for new growth which will be a good sign. The submersed version of this plant will be completely different if that's what it is, it will go from long stem with a round leaf as you have to a long bladed leaf without a stem per say.
Thanks for the response! and hmm I hope not all of them are I like the way the leaves look. I bought them all from a lfs and they all were submerged, maybe they just got them so now there losing there leaves

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store