My New Jardini - STOKED!!

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
While he still is more of a dirty bronze colour, his feeding has definitely improved. Eagerly takes almost anything - including fingers.

I've started feeding frozen lobster eggs recently which he loves to demolish. While they make a real mess, his response to them tells me to make them a regular thing. Have u fed them to any of your fish before?

Sent from my D5322 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Glad to hear his feedings improved much less worry on your part ;):) never tried lobster eggs but ill give them a go if I can find them , are they expensive in Australia? Not too worried about the mess as of tomorrow, im picking up a second fx6 cheap later and doubling up my filters , im sick of high nitrates and ammonia even with two wc's per week the bio load is just too big for one fx6 especially now my cats are bigger and messier as ever , but of an overkill x2 fx6's on a 5x2x2 but im gona need it eventually :D

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
The lobster eggs were bought by mistake. I thought I grabbed 2 packs of krill but got a pack of eggs instead lol. They're not very expensive. Around same price as a pack of hikari krill.

2 FX'S in a 5x2x2 will be a miniature hurricane but with all the extra bio media, u shouldn't have any more problems

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Cool I'll look out for them in the LFS mate mix his diet up a bit , mine loves any pellet now even cheap catfish sinkers he races for them before they get chance to sink , then he starts on the floating ones :D mine also grabs raw prawns and chomps them to bits , just hoping he doesn't start on the cichlids like my last one ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
I tried raw prawns with my toga a few weeks ago. He was a bit too eager for them I think he almost choked. From now on ill definitely be peeling them just to be safe.

The brand of lobster eggs I got are Ocean Nutrition. Never used this brand of food before but my fish seem to like them a lot so I will be using it more often.

Judging by your history with jardinis, a few cichlid casualties could possibly be on the horizon - hopefully I'm wrong, of course. But better to be safe than sorry.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I had a bag of shell on raw prawns in the freezer but I too was a bit worried mine was a bit small to digest them so I bought a bag of raw pre peeled ;) and chopped them small for now at least once he hits 20" mark shell on will be no probs :D
I'm ready for casualties this time around no stupid gambles , divider cut to size ready and other tanks set up if needs be to swap things around a little , now its just a case of fingers and toes crossed lol :)

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
How's your toga getting on mate any updates ? Feeding , colour etc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store