Goonch ID Please

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
In my last mixed stock setup, I was running 8800 gph in a 150. Stock included a GATF and a B. rutilus and a black aro among others. Not a single fish was even slightly phased by it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
ok. so i need two 1000gph. wow. that's crazy. That is what i will do. now here is another question for yah. Do i set it up with the power head attachment? From what i understand that is a more direct flow. Or the water circulation mode with just the impeller? Hopefully that will help it acclimate to his new home. Thank you for all your help. This is the first time raising one of these, and i want to make sure his home is what it should be.
I'd try both. I've only used koralias so there's no attachments and the flow is pretty heavy. Try with the attachments first. Goonches like to just hang out directly in front of the powerhead so if it's too powerful, I really don't know if there's a certain amount they prefer except the more the better, it would be hanging out where there's less. If that happens, just remove the adapter and try that way. It might take time though bc my first goonch always hid and took it about a month to finally discover the powerhead and after that, it never left it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brewerytattooer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Rochester NY
Yeah right now he hides on the far side of the tank behind the sponge filter. never comes out. I put the bigger power head in there with the circulation attachment on. It says it moves 1300gph. the flow is pretty good in there now.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Put some smooth, flat river rocks in the middle of the flow. It might take the fish a while to find them, but once it does, it'll likely never leave them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

brewerytattooer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Rochester NY
Here is a pic of the setup so far. Big powerhead on the left with the flat river rocks on the bottom. good airation, and water movement. I put some live feeders in there, cause that is what the LFS was feeding him. Didn't really want to do that but i wanted to get him eating.011.JPG

011.JPG

brewerytattooer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Rochester NY
Last night when i turned the lights off he came out from under the filter. So i sat and watched him for a while. He actually ate! inhaled two of the rosies. Not to bad for only being home a week. He must like his new home.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Goodluck! hope he does well for you. Only thing I would change is take out your rocks and add literally flat rocks like 1" thick and 10" diameter. I think that's what the experts here are trying to tell you. they live in shelf like structures.

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store