MMA News and Notes

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well yeah but someone must have asked her about it as I doubt it was just some random musing that Rousey just blurted out.Its almost an insult for an interviewer to question her or any female fighter along that line...walking yeast infection...ouch.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I think it's kind of dumb for ronda to beef with a ring girl.

in their defense, they actually do a lot of traveling and promoting for the company. the extent of their jobs isn't just to walk around holding a number.

but if ronda really cares for fighter pay to increase, you really don't need to go after a ring girl. pushing for fighter pay isn't gonna come from beefing with a ring girl and her salary

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The whole thing is dumb,that's why I wondered why it was initially brought up.Whatever traveling and making appearances for the promotion the card girls do is what I touched on in my other post...I doubt if they pay very much out of pocket,if anything,for the traveling so that's all perks of the job....All fine and good but still beneath a fighter.
It appears to me that Double R just doesn't like Arianni.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I don't think she was going after ring girls. She even said after ari got offended and fired back that she was advocating higher pay for fighters, not decreased pay for ring girls. Everyone is taking the wrong angle and coming at the defense of ring girls instead of looking at the flip side of her comment. Here's rousey's comment herself

“Do you think her walking in circles around the two guys or two girls out there, like, fighting for their lives, is worth more?’’ Rousey said. “You think she works harder than they do? I didn’t say that she needed a pay cut. I said either the ring card girls are paid too much, or the fighters aren’t paid enough.’’

Didn't Diaz make the same exact comment awhile back? Would ring girls even have a job if the fighters didn't exist? Has anyone bought a PPV because of a ring girl? Is there a spike/drop in buys/rating based on ring girls? this entire subject is dumb. Fighters should be paid more then ring girls, period. Personal or not.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
her beef with arianny goes back farther than the recent comments. but if she wasn't going after arianny, she wouldn't have made the specific comment that arianny shows her breasts and gets naked for money.

but imagine how retarded it would be if a star quarterback started publically beefing with a cheerleader.

that's how stupid this is to me. she's using this pay thing as a reason to jab at arianny. if she really cared, why not put the ufc on blast? arianny has no power over what fighters make and it's not her fault if she makes more than some fighters

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
If cheerleaders made more, you bet damn right QBs would say something. Especially if they were both females.

The reality is this is just girls being girls. It started over Rhonda saying she could do her job right? after some magazines shoots? Is anything Rhonda has said about ring girls, modeling and pay inaccurate or do you guys just feel the need to defend poor victimized ring girls? To me she's just telling the truth and because it's so true that you can't fight it, its ridiculous? I don't even get the purpose of ring girls. I could do without them period.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not defending them,my posts showed that lol but this whole thing is silly as I have already stated.Double R's words were harsh but she is right...My problem with the card girls,in boxing and MMA has always been that the one's I most wanted to see they didn't show very much.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I'm not defending them,my posts showed that lol but this whole thing is silly as I have already stated.Double R's words were harsh but she is right...My problem with the card girls,in boxing and MMA has always been that the one's I most wanted to see they didn't show very much.
Well you I agree with you. Sumo seems like he's being captain saveahoe. bringing up how hard ring girls work and all their promotional appearances. Hahaha who cares? just pay the fighters more. I think a lot of professions should get paid more so it's not singular to fighters. It's just kinda disgusting that a model for UFC would get paid more then even 1 fighter in UFC. Aside from that atrocity, it's a silly subject

We spent more time on it then RR spent disposing of Cat

I'm starting to wonder what gonna happen if she doesn't find a rival. All sports are better when a rival emerges.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
The reality is this is just girls being girls. It started over Rhonda ........

This is aaall it is. This is what the ladies are contributing here and will contribute here. Someone needs to give Rhonda a stand up urinal, a hardy handshake, and welcome her to the club already!! Lol!! You guys should do everyone a favor and quit cheering for women doing male things, it just messes women up even more, that's all.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Well you I agree with you. Sumo seems like he's being captain saveahoe. bringing up how hard ring girls work and all their promotional appearances. Hahaha who cares? just pay the fighters more. I think a lot of professions should get paid more so it's not singular to fighters. It's just kinda disgusting that a model for UFC would get paid more then even 1 fighter in UFC. Aside from that atrocity, it's a silly subject

We spent more time on it then RR spent disposing of Cat

I'm starting to wonder what gonna happen if she doesn't find a rival. All sports are better when a rival emerges.

eddie's been reaching and exaggerating lately with me. I don't know what it is. if cheerleaders made more than players, a qb would definitely say something. but they'd address all cheerleaders in general. not take pot shots and go back and forth on one individual cheerleader during interviews and social media

I didn't say how hard ring girls work. ronda has said you can teach a monkey to hold up the cards. I only said, in their defense they do more than just that.

I don't really know how much arianny makes. my problem isn't what ronda said about the pay. my problem with her is that she is just using this pay thing as a medium to take shots at arianny. you are richer than her, more popular than her, you can't fight her, why bring yourself that low to publically beef with her. she's not bringing up any other girls' names, but she's been mentioning arianny consistently and it's making her look stupid.

that's what i'm saying. it's a bit reaching to say i'm defending arianny. i'm more criticizing ronda than defending any ring girl. but go ahead and twist things to support your agenda.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store