Piraiba prices?

cgibby

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2011
U.S.
i got the fish at about 15" in mid march so 4" in 7 months right now eats mainly massivore and market prawns with live crayfish being a special treat (if my wells doesn't get to it first) honestly not the aggresive during feeding time

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
i got the fish at about 15" in mid march so 4" in 7 months right now eats mainly massivore and market prawns with live crayfish being a special treat (if my wells doesn't get to it first) honestly not the aggresive during feeding time

15"? I really thought that this guy was like 4" when Wes brought it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Oh snap. When I saw the pics earlier I thought the one from Wes actually survived.

Where did you manage to find another true fila? You're batting 1.000 with these guys and no one else can even seem to find capas lol

cgibby

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2011
U.S.
got really lucky wes hooked me up with this one as well as a valliantii I don't think they actually ended up on his list i'm just greatfull to have gotten the opportunity to find one let alone two

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
... honestly not the aggresive during feeding time
Sounds like jurs and tigs. Must be in Brachies royal blood. Too much dignity and grace and fear to lose it and look needy and greedy :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Chix is right. Capa. And it belongs to SirCatfish Mike from NY, who had had in on Aquabid for $500 but has not sold.

I have talked to someone who had a Brachyplatystoma filamentous and a Brachyplatystoma capapretum imported from the amazon. The paribia was up for $350 and was 2' long.
Are we talking reliable or a grapevine? Sounds wa-a-ay too good to be true, bro. Unless the seller was clueless. The price could easily carry another zero. SirCatfish Mike's capa is indeed ~2'. Are you talking about Mike?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
got really lucky wes hooked me up with this one as well as a valliantii I don't think they actually ended up on his list i'm just greatfull to have gotten the opportunity to find one let alone two

Awesome bro! I'm glad that good fortune smiled on you again, even if it was doubtlessly extremely expensive.

Are you going for the Brachyplatystoma sweep again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
It's this the fish that is sometimes called Salton catfish? I asked about that years ago and was told yes, if so it was $80 at about 5".

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store