The most aggressive fish i have ever seen.

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
that is my tank, the midas were sold as the aggression was increasing, they only used to fight when they were spawning, incidentally they started spawning atm the same time then it was decision time, i chose to keep the midas rather than dovii.
Thank you for responding, I have watched that video at least a dozen times. I always wondered how the situation came about, and what the end result was. The fish looked too good to have been at war for any length of time, but I could not imagine that those breeding pairs could be maintained together for very long. Sorry you had to get rid of those beautiful dovii, but am glad to know that you took proper steps to ensure the health and survival of the fish. Your channel is awesome, and I will definitely keep an eye on it.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Thanks... still miss the dovii bit personally I think males are ugly once they grow so im happy with my choice . Your midas has some great character btw op, I would love a biter!-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
Thanks... still miss the dovii bit personally I think males are ugly once they grow so im happy with my choice . Your midas has some great character btw op, I would love a biter!-)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I might change my mind when he grows out, but right now I think my Dovii is my most attractive fish. I actually never wanted a Midas until I saw one in person, then I had to have him.

[video=youtube;cjASxoItzwA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjASxoItzwA&list=UUUDPwR8TrnFNDI9oEEiMpLA[/video]

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
at that size they are sick its when they get big like this

swifty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2013
California
I have a female flowerhorn which is only 3" and already displays the behavior of these bigger fish. It worries me because one day I'll have to deal with it, although not as bad since a 6-7" fish isn't nowhere near as bad as these 11-13" beasts. The female white midas on one of the other videos on that channel are amazing. One of the few pure white fish I've seen.

When it comes to cichlid aggression in home aquariums I don't think much can match up to a midas. Maybe a buttikoferi or a real red devil. Yeah, the dovii and peacock bass have the size, but not the attitude of those 3 aforementioned fish.

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
What a coincidence i just had this same scenario (exactly the same fish type but a little more orange), bought him beautiful and full grown for my 165g with my oscar and jd..... That thing was the meanest fish i ever owned! It killed a silver dollar and was chasing the jack all the time so I ended up bringing him back. How much did you pay for him and where was he? The lfs i got it from sold it for $40

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store