Albino Silver Arowana

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Also, pretty sure silvers have been being bred for a while, so I think albino / leucisitic are rare simply because the genes dont show up that much.

Hobocat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
hawaii
That fish is albino, I have one, and when i bought it the eyes looked black. Only in the sunlight and the perfect angle would you see the red. This was approx 4 months ago, the fish was about 4-5 inches, he is now 12"+ and the red eyes are much easier to see. albino fish do show red. Take a look at albino tinfoils they pull alot of a yellowish gold with a red eye. ill post a pic of my aro and tinfoils together. Yes tinfoils and other albino fish, the red eye is easy to see but for some reason the aro eye is hard to pickup but it is there, turn the light off and let the sunlight hit the fish and you can get a look at the red eye. I almost returned the fish when i opened the box because i was 1000% positive that it was not an albino lol but give the fish time and you will see it pull the true albino look. sorry for the grammar I'm bad at it.

Reactions: Dvki

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Kapham thats because you dont understand what albino is. To be albino it would lack color pigmentation and as stated would have pink eyes. This is lecustic or platinum meaning it has less color pigment but still has some (black pupils) but I haven't seen many true platinum aro with that much yellow
Man! You sound like an expert, yet, you have no idea what you're talking about... That is indeed an albino silver arowana.

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
Going off the pics from the other vendors and from what i have seen in person at an lfs a while back.... Its an albino. Ive been wanting one for awhile.... Just been putting my $$$ elsewhere lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store